Your hormones are one of the most important regulatory systems embedded in your body. They act as messengers, designed to interact with specific target cells and organs and provoke a change or result. As we age, hormone production changes, and hormonal imbalance can occur. Unbalanced hormones can have a variety of side effects and symptoms such as:
Fatigue or lack of energy
Difficulty sleeping at night
Reduced mental focus and memory
Hot flashes and night sweats
Difficulty losing weight
Moody, anxious, or depressed
Decreased muscle strength and joint pain
Reduced sexual desire or performance
Chances are if you're experiencing any of these symptoms you've begun the search for what is causing your symptoms and how to feel like yourself again. If you have begun this search then you’ve probably heard about bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), but there’s a lot of conflicting information out there and providers that use a variety of methods and sources.
Here are some facts about the bio-identical hormone replacement therapy that we offer here at Olympus Movement Performance, to help you make informed choices about your BHRT treatment. At Olympus we have chosen to partner with BioTE Medical to provide hormone pellet therapy to help us provide the best possible outcomes for our clients who are looking to optimize their hormones.
- The hormones used in BioTE are bioidentical. That means they are identical to the hormones your body already produces. Because your body knows what to do with them, you’re likely to have better results with BioTE than with a synthetic Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) treatment.
- BioTE uses pure hormone pellets that dissolve completely and produce no byproducts. The blood flow around where the pellet is inserted picks up what it needs when it needs it– no ups and downs!
- Male patients need pellets every 4-6 months. Female patients usually need them more often (every 3-4 months)
- While everyone is different, we’ve observed many positive results from both male and female patients
Studies have shown that optimized hormones can significantly reduce the risk of serious health problems, such as osteoporosis, heart disease and diabetes. Those who have used the therapy have reported increases in energy, increased endurance, a reduction in hot flashes, a revived sex drive and improved mental focus.
Some of the main benefits of BioTE include:
Regained energy and decreased fatigue
Improved muscle strength
A greater ability to lose weight
Increased mental clarity
Reduced hot flashes
Improved sex drive and sexual stamina
Prevention of age-related illnesses
Increased bone mass
Greater ease sleeping at night
Reduced muscle and joint pain
Improved mood and overall wellbeing
What sets us apart from other providers
We know it can be intimidating to start any new treatment, but our friendly Olympus team creates a welcoming environment where you can feel comfortable exploring your health objectives. Our team includes a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse who are not only qualified medical providers but also dedicated to develop a treatment plan that meets your medical needs and physical goals. , By taking the time through a one on one consultation, discussing your concerns and goals, a personalized plan is developed which includes treatment, education and support.
Our team is here to support and empower each of our patients to improve their overall health.While for many clients, hormone optimization is a key component in addressing symptoms, it is certainly not the only component utilized to achieve the benefits mentioned above. Physical activity, physical health and nutrition are an important part in getting the most out of your hormone pelleting treatment.
- At Olympus, we have the tools and support to help you get started or continue your physical fitness goals. Whether it is joining in our group fitness classes or taking advantage of personal training options. Do you have an injury that is keeping you from reaching your fitness goals, we can help you with that too with our physical therapy services. Nutrition and healthy eating habits are also vital in addressing many of the health concerns that hormone optimization addresses. Our team can also help you with that! By offering wellness coaching with our nutrition coach, nutritional supplements, IV and injectable vitamins and minerals, we can help boost the efforts your are already making to reach your health goals.
What sets us apart as a BioTE provider is that at Olympus Movement Performance we are a TEAM that is dedicated to support our clients on every step of their journey towards taking control of their health, well-being and regain their vitality. It all begins with a simple blood draw, to see if you’re a candidate for bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.
Call 760-231-0224 today to schedule your appointment.