Foods that help reduce inflammation:
- Healthy Fats
- Fatty Fish
- sugary drinks,
- processed foods,
- trans-fats, and
- excessive alcohol consumption
Although we always want to recommend whole food options, sometimes supplementing can help manage inflammation, especially after a physical injury. Some supplements that help decrease inflammation and help promote the healing process are:
- Fish Oil
- Improvement to symptoms of arthritis, inflammatory bowel syndrome, lupus and other autoimmune disorders.
- Decreased risk of obesity, heart disease, diabetes, depression, cancer and other diseases.
- Reduction in inflammatory markers in the blood.
- Better blood sugar, cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Improvement in energy and mood.
Together, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes account for almost 70% of all deaths in the United States; these diseases share inflammation as a common link. Chronic inflammation can be a silent problem and not have any noticeable symptoms that you’re aware of. Staying away from high inflammatory foods and increasing your intake of anti-inflammatory foods not only helps you feel better, but can dramatically decrease your rate of disease.
If you are wanting guidance with your nutrition or are trying to quickly heal from an injury, call now to get an appointment with our Nutrition Coach.